You read it again and again “How To Start A Blog!”or “Everything You Need To Have A Successful Blog!” And all these posts tell you is – Get a domain, get a host, instal WordPress, get a theme and have atter. Oh, and don’t forget you need to pick a niche blah blah.. I get it. It’s pretty straight forwarded. But what next? I mean with the new Instagram algorithm it’s pretty impossible to get followers these days (at me here to show love!) and Facebook is okay, but not great.
So you’re sitting there with this new website and you have no idea how to bring traffic in. These bloggers show you how to make a blog and then they leave you to the wolves. I know because I was so lost and discourage when I first stared blogging. I have been blogging for the past two years and have finally started to take my blog seriously. I know I’ve said that but it’s like a new years resolution. You get lazy and start throwing posts out there just because.
Tip number 1 is don’t do this. People will see bad posts and be put off. Same with bad photos. I’m pretty bad because I only read blogs if I like the photos most of the time so why would other people be different? Be honest with yourself. These tips have helped my blog grow tremendously so I hope you find them helpful! You can always pin or save the post so you never forget the linked sites 🙂 Here we go! 5 easy ways I’ve increased my blogs traffic:
1. Coschedule Header analyzer – Headers are the most important piece of our posts. We need catchy titles to bring people into our blogs! Unfortunately they did change it a bit so you have to sign up to use the header analyzer but you only have to do it once.
2. Hemingway App – I never realized how long some of my sentences were until I started putting them in the Hemingway App. It tells you your posts reading level, what sentences are hard to read, how often you use a passing voice, etc. Give it a try! I don’t use it religiously but it does help.
3. Board Booster – You can try it for a month FREE! After, for $5 a month, you can pay this service to post your Pinterest photos for you. They do it in a way that beats the Pinterest algorithm so instead of bulk posting it scatters your pins throughout the times you have set. I have been using it for two months and have gained over 300 followers on Pinterest! Add me here! Also please use this link if you sign up for Board Booster! It’s mine and I will love you forever if you do 🙂
4. Page Speed Test – I was mortified when I saw The Fernweh Wolf take 11 seconds to load. I mean people have an attention span of 7 seconds so I’m basically not even in the running. Optimizing your images will make all the difference. I use a plugin called WP Smush & WP Total Cache to help with site speed. PS how is my site speed now? Still crappy or okay?
5. Use stock photos when necessary – I used to feel defeated when I would browse through stock photos. I wanted all my photography on my blog to be mine. So I would have alllll these posts written out but have no good photos. It wasn’t because I was incapable but I’m kind of a perfectionist and would just go “Nope! I suck. Not posting it.” I’ve finally realized that it’s okay to use stock photos if you need. I was a former labourer (..garbage girl) so my mood was usually in the gutter and I didnt feel good about my photos. Stocksnap & Unsplash are my favourite!
I hope you guys found these tips helpful! We really need to support each other this year so here are my secrets <3
What are some of your blogging tips? How have you increased your blogs traffic?