We are always looking for ways and shortcuts to be healthier but sometimes the simplest answers are the best answers. After all that’s why you keep hearing the same old thing, there is no shortcuts to good health! And with good health comes long years of travel ahead of you.
Here’s what I do to stay healthy and what you can do so you can start a healthier living right now:
1. Drink more water – we all know water is the key to life but we don’t always drink enough. I’ve only recently just started drinking water first thing in the morning, as soon as I wake up, so I alway have an extra 500mls in my body. I also drink coffee like no ones business so I drink about 5-6Ls of water today to stay hydrated. Doctors orders.
2. Do some stretches – I used to love stretching but somewhere along the way it’s become a burden. Taking a few minutes a day through out the day will help your body get the stretch it needs without being time consuming. Aim for 30 second holds. Check out this Stretching Bunny
3. Get active – take 20-30 minutes to work out – run, walk, find a youtube video – it doesnt matter just get active. Your creativity will be boosted as well as your attention span, alertness and it will help you sleep at night which is a big one for me since I never used to be able to sleep well.
4. Go to bed early, Wake up early – Speaking of sleep, creating a schedule for your body is probably one of the best things you can do for yourself. I am a restless sleeper, always tossing and turning or having nightmares but when I wake up at 5:30 and stay active though out the day I am in bed by 9:30 and out by 10. When I stick to this schedule I’ve noticed I sleep though out the night and my nightmares are at an all time minimum. Another perk of bring up early is that your brain is buzzing and you’re more productive and creative.
5. Snack on veggies – this is probably a “duh” for most of you but it’s hard to get 6 servings of veggies in a day. I know I’m still struggling. Adding veggies to your meals not only ups your health and nutrition but it also makes you feel good inside and out. It’s easy to forget just how easy it is to eat vegetables and how easy it is to add them to main dishes like pastas or stir-fries. Snack on some carrots and hummus or roast up some onion and zucchini and make that a side dish. A tip I like to do is I through about 2 handfuls of spinach in my smoothie in the morning and when I get home from work!
What are your tips for a healthier lifestyle? Have you made any changes to lead a healthier lifestyle? Share your thoughts down below.
Don’t forget to Subscribe or follow my Bloglovin!