I came into 2017 pretty unprepared since the past few months had been a whirlwind in China and Bali, not to mention my birthday, Christmas and New Years Eve thrown in there. I’m not really one for official resolutions but I do love making a list of things I want to do more of or how I want to change throughout the year. I love lists. And I love writing things down. It makes it more real you know? You can read about some basic resolutions I’d like to follow but on a more personal level, here are some personal goals I’d like to accomplish this year:
1. Start taking pilates. I’ve always wanted to try pilates but A) it’s crazy expensive and B) as much as I like being alone I get overwhelmed being in a private setting by myself.
2. To take learning French more seriously. Every year I tell myself to keep learning French but with jobs and life, trying to self teach French is pretty hard. Maybe this year I’ll get a tutor?
3. Spend more time taking Fernweh seriously. While there are other things that will be taking my time I’d like to stop neglecting Fernweh. This is my baby after all.
4. Stop spending so much time flipping through apps. I can’t be the only one guilty of opening and closing apps out of boredom. That’s time I could be spent on furthering my career.
5. Learn to chill out more. I am so high strung these days and it feels like my body can’t take anymore of these lows. I need to learn to control my mind.
6. To stop beating myself up over the past. I can be so horrible to myself and overlook all my accomplishments because I can’t stop comparing my success with others. It never feels like I’m doing enough and I’d like to stop beating myself up because I’m not where I imagined. Great things take time.
7. Meet new people. I am such a hermit and the thought of meeting people drains me but I’m realizing it’s so important to make connections. In the real world and online. Don’t be afraid to say hi I don’t bite!
8. Stop talking myself out of things. I need to just put the blinders on and to take more chances. No more backing out of great things.
9. I’d like to set time aside everyday to get some writing done. We can’t be creative 24/7 but we can put in a little effort to be more ahead than we were before by carving out 15 mins of writing time.
10. I want to read more. I used to be buried in books but for some reason I’ve been slacking. I find I’m most creative when I’m reading so it’s really important to me that I get back into it 🙂
What are some of your goals for the new year? Share in the comments I’d love to hear!