My first ever recipe post! I feel like I might just have opened Pandoras Box of baking but oh well, I like to bake!
Something I always find myself craving and making little batches of here and there is cookies. And with cookies comes cookie dough which is easily my favourite flavour/treat ever. Shortbread, chocolate chip, sugar cookies, you name it, I love it.
90 % of the time I just make cookies to eat the dough. A habit I must have picked up from when I was an unhealthy teenager but thankfully I’ve smartened up and have chosen a cleaner path.
My cookie obsession was so bad that when I was working in a bakery years ago, me and my partner would sneak into the freezer where they would have all their cookie dough stored and we would just sit on a pile of boxes and eat all the raw dough! So bad.
Her excuse was that she was pregnant, mine was that I just loved food.
Being an adult now and realizing eating a pound of cookie dough a month was probably a really bad idea I have since then revamped my lifestyle into a more healthy, food conscious one. And since it is ” ’tis the season “ and we are surrounded by naughty treats everywhere why not try and make our options a little more health conscious?
Which brings me to my first ever recipe on Fernweh – Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Cookie Dough!
I’m a little late on the pumpkin mark with it being December and all but what the heck! I love pumpkin and think it should be served at all times of the year!
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon (I always use more.. I love cinnamon)
- 1½ Tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar Blend Sweetener*
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Cocoa Powder
- Blend oats into a powder with magic bullet or blender. Add rest of dry ingredients and blend again
- Mix Pumpkin, Vanilla Extract and Sugar in a bowl
- Add dry oat mix to pumpkin mix and mix together but only till there is no flour left
- Put in fridge and let it chill for 30 minutes (or stick it in the freezer and wait 10. Or just eat it)
- To bake pumpkin cookies:
- Turn on oven to 375°F and bake for 9 - 11 minutes
**Using 1 Tbsp of the Brown Sugar Sweetener Blend Cookies come out at 442 Calories! Thats 55.25 Calories a cookie or 221 Calories for half the batch!