It’s been a year since I started blogging and as time passes I started to realize where my priorities are and what I wanted my future to look like.
But as life usually goes – You decided on something and suddenly you have all these curve balls thrown at you and suddenly your, “I can do it!” is being tested through the roof.
Do you know how many obstacles I had to go through just to get one piece of artwork on Society6?
To many.. Way to many. I didn’t even know some of the obstacles could possibly exist but they did. I whined, and moaned and was so frustrated with everything crashing down on me.
But I did it.
Because it was time I took control of my happiness.
I want to be a successful artist, writer and blogger so in order to do that I had to start prioritizing and making the moves. And with New Years around the corner there is no better time than to start taking control of your happiness because this is your life and your time to be the leader of your own story.
1. Make a list of things you want to accomplish – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Are you where you want to be right now? Make a list of your goals, ambitions or simple things like spend more time with your family or go on more walks. Right it down
2. Start prioritizing – I like to shop. A lot. And I have an expensive taste. I can be online shopping and looking at 20 different white shirts and pick out the one thats $200. No joke. So in order to be able to buy what I want without worry about my bank account I have to start prioritizing my career now so in the near future I can afford that shirt. So that I can treat myself to more dinners out or more plane tickets.
3. Take more time for yourself – Join a yoga class, learn french, do something that you have always wanted to do. Maybe it’s setting an hour aside everyday to bake or draw or having a lavish spa day. Do you
4. Ask yourself seriously – Are you the person you want to be? Maybe you saw someones haircut and you really wanted it but you didn’t think you could pull it off or maybe you just haven’t made the effort to book an appointment. Maybe you wanted to be a creative directer at an art gallery but wound up at a call centre. Are you happy? Or is it time for a change? Maybe take some classes and broaden your choices.
5. Stop worrying about what other think – I have a very fluffy faux fur cheetah jacket that turns heads like no ones business. People stare, a lot, and it used to bug me but I asked myself when I’m fifty am I going to regret not wearing that jacket because people stared or am I going to smile because I did it anyways?
6. Don’t compare yourself to others – comparison will destroy you. I know because Ive done it. And still do it but I try my best to focus on myself and what I want. Just because someone you admire is seeming farther ahead than you doesn’t mean you aren’t doing great!
“Don’t compare your chapter 1 to
someones chapter 22.”
7. Live in the moment – Don’t dwell on the past.
8. Listen to music – Loud. Simply listen to some music and let the weight of the world fall off your shoulders. Let go of your anxiety, stress, your fears – let it go.
9. Surround yourself with positive people – If you want to accomplish something surround yourself with those who will help you get there. There’s no point in being with someone who is unhappy and bringing you down with them. Positive attitudes and a positive outlook can change everything.
10. Enjoy your life – Be reckless, be smart, be passionate, be loving and kind, be selfish and generous, be confident, and don’t let one bad day ruin your tomorrow. This is our time to love and be loved.
BONUS: Travel – When in doubt you should travel. There is no better education, enlightenment or purer moment of living then when you are exploring the world and finding your own happiness.
What makes you happy? What are some of your tips for putting yourself in a better mood? Share your tips in the comment!