My 7 Day Pre-Travel Detox Plan

In 7 days I will be aboard a plane and finally in Paris! If you haven’t entered my competition tomorrow is the last day to do so ENTER HERE and get your chance to win a free copy of How To Be A Parisian! And because of my fastly approaching trip to Europe it’s detox time!

I am a healthy person but I loveee to indulge while I’m travelling. Cheese, wine, pasta, pizza, brunches, pasties, I love it all. I have more places to eat written down than I do sights.. I’m the person who regrets the things I don’t eat instead of the things I do eat so I always try to detox myself before travelling so I can feel good for when I arrive to a new country.

But, I also have a problem with indulging too regularly (I’m addicted to Indian food). Nothing is more uncomfortable than arriving bloated into a country and then becoming more bloated because you’re “yolo-ing” and eaten everything you want. Which you should. My tummy is unforgiving though when I don’t eat a plant base diet so this is what works for me! Here is my 7 pre – day travel detox plan 🙂


picjumbo.com_20140217-DSC_0609 copy


My 7 Day Pre-Travel Detox Plan



Breakfast: A morning isn’t right without a proper breakfast so I always try to keep breakfast as wholesome as I can. Fruits and Oats are my favourite so here are some things I do to switch it up!


  • 1/2 Oatmeal + 1 Cup Blueberries + 1 TBSP Cinnamon + Honey


  • 1 Cup Egg Whites + 1 Cup Blueberries + 1/3 Cup Oatmeal + Cinnamon


  • Smoothie (berries, banana, protein powder, spinach, almond milk + cinnamon) topped with granola


Snack: I always have a snack every 2 hours because I am always hungry.. There isn’t a moment in the day where I’m not planning my next meal. It’s come to the point where I schedule my eating times or I would be in the cupboard 24/7

  • Apple or Banana + Peanut Butter

Lunch: I forgot how much I loved salads until recently but salads are awesome! I’ve been loving the Indonesian style salad called Gado Gado but this is the gist of what I eat for lunch


  • Salad – Assortment of vegetables with balsamic and olive oil dressing (or peanut dressing) with smoked tofu! Yummm…


my 7 day pre-travel detox


Snack: More foooood

  • Smoothie


  • Veggies and Hummus


Dinner: Finally for dinners to keep it light I have a veggie filled dinner that is both satisfying and filling. Add sea salt for extra flavour

  • Salad – Assortment of vegetables with balsamic and olive oil with smoked tofu and 1/4 Kabocha squash


  • Roasted Vegetables (I’ve been known to eat entire onions in one go.. Much to Aaron’s disapproval.. erps) + Tofu!



  • Dark Chocolate


  • Peanut Butter from the jar 😉




Other things: Water – I drink about 3ltrs of water a day which might be to much for someone but it’s really important to flush toxins out of our bodies. There’s a reasons we need it to survive so make sure you are drinking at least 8 glasses a day! Very important for detoxing. Another thing is cutting back on caffeine but as a coffee addict I know that’s not realistic for some and probably safer if you do drink it so try to limit yourself to 1-2 cups of coffee a day and drink a little bit more water because caffeine is very dehydrating!



I live by the 80/20 rule. 80% healthy and clean and the other 20% is naughty and indulgence. You are allow to have cookies and cakes just make sure you outweigh them with healthy and raw food! “No Ragrets” as they say (insert Meet The Millers Guy)


Sorry for the stock images I don’t usually like using them but camera troubles came up! Always before you need them hey? Do you do anything special before a trip? What are some of your detoxing tips?

Don’t forget to Subscribe or Follow Me on Social Media <3



You Might Also Like


  • Reply
    February 4, 2016 at 4:16 pm

    Looking forward to reading all about everything you’re eating in Paris, and I can live vicariously through you. Mahaha. Indian food is my vice too, it’s so damn good, if I’m not ordering it take away, I’m cooking it at home. I think a trip to India is in order.
    Oh and you’re probably snacking all day because you’re vegetarian. We have to graze instead of having big meals. That’s just the way it works eating a plant based diet, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Who doesn’t love eating!

    • Reply
      February 9, 2016 at 8:47 am

      Haha that’s how I felt when you were in Istanbul and Iceland! I’m jealous you can make Indian food though I find their recipes intimidating! And I’m lazy.. 😛 Ditto India would be amazing and we’d have so many delicious food choices there!
      Cheers to us veggies!


      Sign up to get the latest posts from Fernweh :) 

    Read more:
    Why Thailand Ruined My Life

    Thailand... Who knew? Everyone... But really, who knew? It’s been over a year now since I’ve had my skin kissed by...