The holidays have hit and my they have done some damage! After a lengthy trip in China and coming home to mashed potatoes and sweets galore I now am the owner of seven more pounds! Whoopsy. As the years whining down and we prepare for the New Year I think we can all agree we want to get back on track with our health! To help counter this festive binge here’s a little holiday detox plan to help you get back on track!
1. Drink lots and lots of water! Drinking tons of water is going to flush out toxins and extra water weight. When we eat lots of salty and carby foods our bodies like to hold onto water which gives you that puffy bloated feeling. Drinking at least 3 litres of water a day is going to rid any water your body is holding onto and keeps things moving accordingly.
2. Get moving. As much as you hate working out with a bloated tummy it is an absolute must! Take some time to sweat it out to rid yourself of some calories and gain some feel good energy. Did you know that after a workout you psychologicly feel more confident?
3. Eliminate breads, refined sugars, and anything else that is processed. Food that comes in a box is not food and your body will hold onto it longer than if it was fresh fruit and vegetables. I live by the rule of “If it doesn’t mould – don’t eat it.” My only exception to that rule is oats and almond milk.
4. Say no to alcohol. Your body will turn this straight to fat and dehydrate you. Steer clear!
5. Up your fruits and veggies! Aim for a mostly fruit, vegetable and protein filled diet while you’re detoxing. It’s best to eat your carbs in the morning (fruits are a carb!) and follow that by a leafy green lunch and dinner. If you’re hungry don’t worry just have a healthy snack! Avocado and nuts are a great snack and just because they are fats doesn’t mean they will become fat!
6. Relax. It’s the holidays. We are all bound to gain a few unless you have some insane willpower which is just no fun! A doctor once said you can lose the weight as fast as you gained it so if you gained a few pounds over a few weeks then it will take a few weeks to get it off. No biggy!
Who else is excited for the New Year?! What are your big plans? Share in the comments I want to read!